Registration and morning coffee for this session is at 08:30 and sessions will conclude at 17:00. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided.
WEDNESDAY 26 MAY
Tim GouldChief Energy EconomistInternational Energy Agency (IEA)
Anna BrakeyCommissioner, Chair East Coast Gas Market BoardAustralian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
Rob WhealsChief Executive Officer and Managing DirectorAPA Group
Margaret HallChief Executive OfficerSeven Group Holdings Energy
Andrew ThorntonActing Executive General Manager, Integrated GasOrigin Energy
Frank TudorChief Executive Officer & Managing DirectorJemena
Melissa PerrowGeneral Manager, EnergyBrickworks
Ian DaviesChief Executive OfficerSenex Energy
Anthea HarrisDeputy Secretary - EnergyVictorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
David BermanCommercial DirectorExxonMobil Australia
Matt KayManaging Director & Chief Executive OfficerBeach Energy
Kristin RamanHead of Strategy and InnovationAustralian Gas Infrastructure Group (AGIG)
Paul EvansVice President - Corporate AffairsOrica Limited
Ayten Saridasformer Chief Financial OfficerOil Search
Misha ZelinskyAssistant National SecretaryThe Australian Workers Union
Detailed gas market analysis - understanding price trends, supply and demand dynamics and new areas like LNG imports
In this session you will get a detailed and up-to-date overview of the gas industry developments in Australia, including natural gas supplies, regulatory changes, emission targets, LNG imports, Hydrogen and renewable gas developments - and what all this is likely to mean for business and residential consumers.
Participate in a skilled interaction with expert leaders that will explore the trends and changes that are happening that will impact gas use, prices for gas and the future of the gas industry overall and its interaction with other energy use including electricity and liquid fuels. Learn strategies for navigating these changes and better predicting gas price trends, energy price impacts and long-term contracting strategies.
The session is designed for all professionals in the gas industry whose organisation will be impacted by movements in gas prices, gas use, investment in gas supply and infrastructure or who need to understand more about the future of the energy industry in Australia and policy decisions.
During the session you will:
- Consider business and residential gas price scenarios, demand/consumption changes, and the impacts on business and residential gas users,
- Examine new gas supply options and supply constraints
- Look at the potential impacts of LNG regasification projects and the fight for east coast market share in a what may well become a high-risk market
- Get a detailed overview of hydrogen and renewable gas developments and opportunities
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the potential roles for gas in Australia in these rapidly changing scenarios and how these may eventuate
- Examine the potential role for gas and in particular hydrogen and renewable gases in power generation as intermittent renewable power generation bites
Executive Director, Adjunct Professor
University of Queensland Energy Initiative
Senior Principal Consultant